Tuesday 21 December 2010

What this blog is for.

I have created this blog to help me with my English Language revision.  It will cover, from A-level English Language, topics such as representation, child language aquisition and my own ideas and opinions on gender debates, prescript and descriptivisms and the history of the English language.

To aid me I am also going to write monologues, a task given to me in a recent class and I found it a useful tool and surprisingly easy to write.  So let me introduce you to 'Kit', she is in her mid -seventies and based on my two now sadly departed grandmothers.  She has a daughter called Kim, based on me and a grandson, Ryan, who is based on one of my fellow students.  Both her grandson and daughter are taking A-levels in English Language and Media Studies and keep leaving books at her house, and Kit keeps reading them!  Her opinions are not necessarily my own.  Kit can be racist, homophobic and down right rude, but she is a character expressing sometimes stereotypical, blinkered views of the world.  The opinions expressed by Kit may mirror prescriptivists or be she might be wildly against the idea that Mars and Venus is just a myth.

I will list books I have read where I have researched my points and also websites and other articles I have found useful and insightful while studying English language.

No comments:

Post a Comment